MOTHERHOOD: Spanking

I came across with this article that I was caught guilty-SPANKING.  When I was still single I told myself that I would never spank my child.  My mom is the disciplinarian in our family though I am more afraid of my dad.  He really has a big and heavy hand so just imagine how hard he could hit us if he is the disciplinarian though  he would hit us once in awhile, thank goodness Im done with that phase.  Now that I have my own family, I try to avoid to hit my son even with the lightest ruler but there are times that my patience just ran away to the door.  I admit that due to his age, sometimes I  really do not know how to explain to him things that I end up spanking him.  Parenting is indeed not easy, I have idealistic way but the reality bites me double time.  This article definitely gives me a wake-up call.

Why Spanking is Wrong  by Circle of Moms

No comments: