Love at First Sight

It's love month but I want to highlight the motherly love for our children.  

When I was pregnant with my son, mothers around me said that I will feel the 'love at first sight' once I see him after the delivery.  So as my due date draws nearer, I felt excited and looking forward to that feeling..the feeling I didn't feel for his dad (that's another story).   Anyways, when it's time for the D-Day, I didn't have an easy but a bearable labor.  After a tiring and whirlwind 6 hours labor for me and hubby, I gave birth to our baby boy.  I wasn't able to see him right away due to complication that the doctor needs to do additional procedure on me.  I was put to sleep after he came out to the world and I am in limbo until after a few hours.  When I woke up, hubby wheeled me out of the recovery room and we passed by the NICU.  There he was, my son is peacefully sleeping but all I can remember was, I said "ok, let's go!"  I just want to go to my room and catch more sleep.  

I know I didn't have that feeling but it was more than a love at first sight...it's love that grew more and more each and every day.  There are times I would just want to scream to keep me sane but just thinking of not loving him would mean insanity for us.

This article brought me so much memory that I reminisce my birthing story to becoming a mother...a crazy one but would never exchange it with anything else.

I gave birth to a stranger

How I learned to love my child



 Photo by Kate Delos Reyes



No comments: